Vision and Values
“Everyone matters and every dream counts”
This precept, together with the traditional values of KINDNESS, HONESTY, RESPECT and ENDEAVOUR are at the heart of everything we do.
What we offer is exceptional. What we demand is equally so. We expect: diligence, determination, energy, creativity, focus and relentless drive. At Ryburn, staff and students expect to be challenged, to be extended, to compete and to understand that success comes from a commitment to our motto: ‘Excellere Contende’ – STRIVE TO EXCEL.
Our vision is to create a truly extraordinary school where all members of our community:-
- Recognise and support the diverse needs of everyone to create a fully inclusive school which provides equality and a huge range of opportunity for all
- Feel part of a vibrant, happy, caring and safe environment built on mutual respect and clear expectations.
- Have a sense of belonging, are proud of the school, promote our values and realise the school is proud of them
- Appreciate, respect and maintain our breathtaking environment
- Pioneer new technologies which reflect the changing needs of the local and wider communities
- Provide outstanding continual professional development for staff and ensure their well-being because they have the ability to transform young people’s lives.
- Humanise each other, nurturing learners to become, responsible, tolerant and principled global citizens
- Value competition, fostering courage, teamwork and open-mindedness
- Have high aspirations and a deep-rooted belief that potential is limitless.
- Contribute to a culture of exceptional behaviour which generates extremely positive attitudes to learning
- Provide a comprehensive, challenging and enriching curriculum
- Engage students with a range of stimulating learning experiences so they are determined to develop into well organised, creative, enquiring and resilient learners with a thirst for knowledge.
- Dismantle obstacles to learning so that all students from any background flourish
- Promote and celebrate effort as well as success
Ultimately our core purpose is to inspire young people with a love of learning, a zest for life and a genuine confidence to excel in a colourful world.